Verhoef was founded 75 years ago and has been an innovative company ever since
The company has made its name by building all types of aluminium lifeboats, aluminium (patrol-)boats as well as other aluminium products for the shipbuilding industry such as gangway systems.
Aluminium Freefall Lifeboat Technology
In 1947 Verhoef pioneered with the design and fabrication of aluminium lifeboats. Traditionally built and open lifeboats at first, of which over 5.000 were delivered. In 1961 Joost Verhoef, the founder of Verhoef Aluminium B.V., built and tested the first freefall lifeboat(s) in the world. The design looked very much like a submarine, and went into service on a ship in 1962. It had a freefall height of about six meters, and was made entirely made of aluminium alloys. This new development made right from the start a significant contribution for safety for all seafarers at sea. Already at that time, and ahead of legislation requirements, the freefall lifeboat was selfrighting, which was another improvement towards the conventional design of an open lifeboat, launched by davits.
The concept, with the aluminium freefall lifeboat, together with its freefall launching system, became widely recognised, appreciated and awarded by many international authorities.
Even when exposed to the most extreme conditions, such as fire or being full of water, the Verhoef freefall lifeboat had proven to be a lifesaving appliance that could withstand the most stringent safety demands. Since then many ships and offshore platforms worldwide have been equipped with Verhoef Freefall Lifeboats.
Verhoef Access Technology is an expert at designing and fabricating client specific ship-to-shore access equipment with telescopic gangways, lift platforms, stores cranes and fire monitor columns, which provide a safe passage from ship to shore for the crew of all types of vessels in the petrochemical industry.
But not only the petrochemical industry profits by the knowledge of Verhoef. Also passenger cruise terminals and airline companies have experienced that Verhoef offers safe and reliable access equipment.
Quality Assurance and Control
* Our company has been certified in accordance with the International recognised standard for Quality Assurance and Control ISO 9001, including the Amendments issued in 2015, with validity till November 2020.
* Accreditation includes also certification according the VCA requirements (applicable for safety management for activities on customer sites) and MED requirements - CE marking applicable for freefall lifeboats.
* Moreover, Verhoef offers IECEx, ATEX, UL and GOST certified components throughout her product range.
* For many years in a row, Verhoef is registered with a Dun&Bradstreet Rating 1, indicating the highest level of creditworthiness.
* Verhoef is registred with Achilles, both for First Point Assesment Ltd (U.K.) and JQS (Norway). Achilles is an indepent prequalifying system for buyers in the oil- and gasindustry providing validated data and insightful analytics on items like quality, safety, health and environment.
Verhoef provides customer support around the world including sales and technical assistence, repair services and training. For Verhoef products quality is key, which is supported by the fact that the lifecycle of many of our products exceed 40 years - at minimal maintenance costs!